Monday, June 8, 2015

Proud Mommy Moment

Kamriyn and I were just discussing two different options for her getting to where she needs to go today. One option involved her riding her bike from home to the first location and then riding to the next place and back home again. She would be going solo along a route that she has not ridden her bike before (she had been in the car on this route hundreds of times) so the other option was for her to walk with a sister to the first place and then get a ride from a parent to the second location and walk or get a ride home.
As we discussed the options I asked which she was most comfortable with.
I loved her reply.
She said "well, I am most comfortable with getting a ride, but I am open to
trying new things so I will ride my bike".
 
Kamiryn is pretty much textbook littlest sister and youngest child. Even when I try NOT to baby her, I still don't expect as much from her as I did the other girls at the same age.
I am trying hard to rectify this situation.
Kamiryn turned twelve last week and I am encouraged with the growth that I am seeing in her. She is 98% done with her Faith In God program and yesterday she wrote a beautiful and heartfelt testimony. I knew that it had come from her heart because she used words that she had to look up or ask for help with the spelling. She usually tries to avoid that if she can!
She loved her first Sunday in YW and is excited about going to camp this summer.
I will do a Kamiryn birthday post this week but I wanted to document this moment.
My KZ girl is growing up.

No comments: