Wednesday, January 7, 2015

SWEET (& sassy) SIXTEEN!!!

A month ago today this girl had a birthday. It was kind of a big one. She has been boy crazy since she wrote "David" on the baseboard in the hallway of our house when she was in pre-school. She was especially looking forward to turning 16 so that she could start dating.
 She even had a boy lined up and ready to go. Zak came to watch Danelle dance in Dance & Dessert and came back to our house with Danelle, Lydia and all the sisters. They watched movies, ate food, played games and talked. Zak spoiled Danelle with lots of presents.
 We did this photo shoot over Christmas break.
Dance is still Danelle's main focus and this year she has joined the Bel Canto choir at Kennedy. She loves singing ALMOST as much as dancing and has shown a talent for it as well. It is so much fun to watch and hear her perform.
She is still as sweet, sassy, delightful, smart and funny as ever.
I honestly cannot imagine our life here without her.
 
I think we've skipped a few years with the birthday interview, but here it is!!!
 
Danelle’s 16th Birthday Interview

  1. How does it feel to be 16? Decent enough, I suppose.
  2. What was your favorite part of your day? Snuggling with Zak.
  3. What was the weather like? No snow. Barren.
  4. What do you think is the most important thing you’ve learned in life so far? To live up to your own expectations.
  5. How do you think you’re different from a year ago? I think more and talk less.
  6. What’s your favorite thing about yourself? My self confidence.
  7. Who’re your best friends? Jenny and Jenn.
  8. What do you like learning about? Stuff that I’m interested in. It changes. From hair to science.
  9. Is there anything you’d do to improve your educational experience? Keep up with my school work. (She is currently behind. Again!)
  10. Tell me about our family.  It’s loud. Our family likes to “food” people.
  11. What do you like about having 3 sisters? More people to borrow things from. And to party with.
  12. What is your favorite day of the week? Wednesday. I get to see Zak.
  13. Did we take any vacations this year? Yeah! Some of us went to Nauvoo, Illinois. A few of us went to Itasca. All of us went to California!
  14. What is your favorite vacation that we have ever taken? I really loved Chicago. That was probably my favorite vacation that we’ve ever taken. And this California trip was pretty awesome.
  15. Where would you like to go for vacation if you could choose where to go? New Orleans.
  16. In the past year, what have been some of your favorite books, movies, and music? Books- I really liked the Leviathon Series. Movies-The latest Avenger movies were awesome and I loved Stick It! Music- Ed Shearan, Pink, Christina Perri, Taylor Swift and Megan Trainor.
  17. What’s your favorite TV show? Doctor Who
  18. If you had a whole day to do anything you wanted, what would you do? Party with my friends and Zak.
  19. What do you want to be when you grow up? A performer.
  20. Do you think you’ll ever get married? Yes!
  21. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? 25
  22. Do you want to have children? Yes.
  23. How many? 4 or 5
  24. What have you learned about boys this year? Oh my gosh! (laughs) You gotta love ‘em!
  25. What’s your favorite food? Muffins
  26. What is your favorite dessert? Cheesecake
  27. And your favorite candy? Everlasting Gobstoppers for candy and Heath for candy bar.
  28. Anything you’re scared of? Spiders. Creepy old guys that stand to close to me in line at Holiday. Nobody liking me.
  29. What is most important to you in your life right now? Dance (After church and family of course!)
  30. Anything else you’d like to say? I like tutus and I am tired. Oh and I have a panda pillow pet named Roberta.

2 comments:

the mom~ said...

Roberta, LOL! And I like your self confidence, too! Do not let others try to mak eyou feel bad for that! It's a beautiful thing...as long as you're not cocky ;)

Lori said...

She is a gem, all shiny and bright!! I love this girl. I can't believe she is old enough to date!!