I have chosen a One Little Word for many years now. I have grown, felt enlightened, encouraged, expanded. I have been derailed and worked to get back on track.
Some years I have chosen my word and some years it very clearly chooses me.
One year I chose a word and then discovered it was not the right word.
I changed the word and re-worked all of my intentions.
I just wrote about my word for 2014 in my last post and how it did and didn't work for me.
This year my word totally chose me.
A few weeks ago I was listening to our local Christian radio station and they were
actually discussing the concept of a word for the year to use as a guide that was
based on a scripture verse. Instantly this word and verse came to my mind.
I didn't even have to think about it. It was just planted in my brain as the radio announcer was still discussing words and verses that have already been chosen. I remember being quite surprised that my word and verse were not on the list.
It was so obvious to me, I figured EVERYONE must have been thinking the same thing.
Matthew 5:16 says " Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
My word is SHINE.
I love it and in my minds eye, I can see it manifested in so many ways.
Each day I will write in my planner a way that I was able to shine that day. I will also be practicing gratitude this year. Writing down every. single. day. what I am grateful for.
I know that this will increase my joy and allow me to shine for HIM. I am excited about declaring my intentions and being transparent to those that will help hold me accountable.
It is going to be a great year. I can feel it.
I will SHINE.


1 comment:
If this had a "like" button I'd click it twice. I love you!!
Post a Comment