Focus was my One Little Word for 2014.
I feel like I did a lot of good with this word but certainly NOT everything that I set out to do.
I did well with increased FOCUS on my family.
We had the most FHE or FHM (morning) in one year than ever before.
We were also very consistent with daily family prayer during the school year/week. We struggle quite a bit with this during summer and Christmas break....mostly because our schedules and routines are so different during those times, but we were able to get
back on track each time school started again.
Better than ever before.
Family time and fun times were definitely a FOCUS of this year.
We were together in February on a trip to Reader's over Presidents Day Weekend and we all worked together to FOCUS on earning and saving for a trip to California in August.
Our trip was BEYOND amazing with lots of FOCUS on the Temple (Ogden Temple open house, endowment session in the Salt Lake Temple and in the Newport Beach Temple and going to look at the St. George and Las Vegas temples) and on family. We visited with the Leder girls on the way there and with the Thompsons on the way back.
Spending time with the LeBarons for almost a week was AMAZING!!!
Best family vacation!
We also changed our FOCUS on our finances this year.
We are now following the Dave Ramsey plan and working and focusing extra hard on getting out of debt. We just enjoyed a low key Christmas and the girls were thrilled with gifts like pajamas (from Grandmom), EOS lip balm, leg warmers and books.
Eliminating debt and improving our financial health feels good!
I also felt that I did well developing a FOCUS within myself and all of us as a family on others that included creating, giving, sending notes of encouragement
and writing thank you notes. We focused in developing and strengthening relationships in our home, church family, community, extended family and in our daily interactions.
We talked a lot about improving our communication and developing necessary skills to communicate so that others understand what we really mean.
We can hear you now.
***********************************************
A few of the things that escaped my FOCUS this year were my health and wellness.
I did NOT do well with necessary weight loss, lowering my cholesterol, regulating my thyroid or taking good care of myself. I did not get glasses and I missed my
dental hygiene appointments this year.
Also I did lack FOCUS with writing, gratitude, making healthy enjoyable meals
and organizing our home.
I felt like I lacked JOY for much of the year.
My plan is to keep up the momentum with the good things that happened in my life
this year and improve upon the areas that need my attention.
I will do that with my new word and new intentions.
**************************************************
This year I will SHINE.


2 comments:
You seem to shine so brightly. I hope you are able to adjust your focus to see the shiny parts I see. I love you and am inspired to do better every time I talk to you.
Awesome!
Post a Comment