This summer was different from all the others we've had so far.
Busier.
And not.
Not a single family trip to Granny's Pantry so far but we've been to two Redhawk's games and have another one planned.
It has been VERY rare to have all six of us home at once this entire summer. Derek and I often work opposite days/times. Miranda has 3 jobs, has been in one play, swam with the FFF for half of the season, attended AFY for a week in June, and heads to DL almost every Wednesday for youth activities. Danelle had the play, babysitting, two weeks of Driver's Ed and most of this week in DL with the Schlauderaffs. Madison had swim every morning M-Th all of June and most of July. She also enjoyed riding her bike to the library to hang out and had a few Friday night cousin sleepovers and a couple of weekends at the lake with G-mom and G-pop. Kamiryn was also in the play in June and has had cousin/grandparent time. It has been weird to have an emptier than normal house but I suppose it is the foreshadowing of things to come.
Now it is August. All of those summer things that didn't get done probably won't. We have the rest of the month planned down to the day.
I did give Madison and Kamiryn $3 and send them off to get soft serve cones at Service Foods. They spent all morning outside at Kip's having water balloon fights and jumping on the sprinklered trampoline. Still. I like for them to have lots of outside time, even when they think it is "too hot".
I feel their childhoods coming to a close. Of course this is only true for Miranda but remember....I do tend to over-react a bit. I want to remember to play. Eat ice cream. Make memories and enjoy these moments. Apparently waxing nostalgic makes me think, and then write in fragments.
Today was a good day. I slept in until 8. Talked to Christine for over an hour reliving her roller coaster week that ended with a peak. Then I headed to Renae's for a garden tour, a walk around the RTC (where we glimpsed a wedding photo shoot) and time to sit on her deck and sip watermelon juice and visit. Back home, Kamiryn and I priced yard sale items for a while between chores and facebooking. Around 3 I sent the girls off for cones while I took {a sick lifeguarding} Miranda a large PB malt. That made my girl happy. After an early supper of fried green tomatoes and fried zucchini, I find myself in a silent home. Madison is making a hat while listening to The Mark of Athena on CD in her room with the door closed and Kamiryn is striving to finish up HP #5 so she and Madison can watch the movie tonight.
Derek and I are headed to Les Mis at A Center For The Arts. I have heard it is super fabulous and can't wait to see it.
And now....after all this rambling and probably not really saying anything I must shower and get ready.
More about August later.
Oh, and a recap of June and July.
Think I missed some birthdays.
Stuff.
Kewpie
3 days ago


1 comment:
I love you. Thanks for being exactly what I need.
Post a Comment