*If you know me IRL you know that I love the 5 Love Language books. I have this one, this one and on kindle I have this one. I had each girl take the quiz last year and I put their love language on a sticky note and stuck it to their bedroom door (As well as writing it in the book and recording it in my journal). I look at it regularly and try to make sure that I am speaking their love language and helping them to feel loved.
It works for us.
*Because that has been so successful, I bought Derek and I this daily devotional book for couples. We have done it together every night that I haven't had to work. It is only the 10th day of the year, but I whole-heartedly say that I like it.
It is working for us!!!
*I have struggled with headaches most of my life. Occasional migraines and weekly headaches. In November, my sister gave me this for a belated birthday gift. I use it pretty much every day and have had only one or two headaches in almost 2 months!!!
It works for me.
*I can't seem to kick my chocolate craving completely to the curb but I feel much better about this homemade cup of cocoa that I consume daily. This fills my huge snowman mug that Kamiryn bought me at a yard sale. Two cups almond milk, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 2-3 Tbs honey and a half grind of sea salt. I heat the milk first and then add the cocoa and honey and whisk it until it is frothy. This fills my craving and it is good for me too!
It works for me.
*Using "I" statements. I just googled this and found a helpful pdf.
This is not new, but it really does work for me!
*I am loving instagram. I use the hashtag #hhlifestory2014 for all of my photos this year. That way I have a daily record of what I post and it is an easy way for me to record a bit of my day. I am using this in conjunction with journaling and blogging. It is working for me.
****************************
I think that's it for now. I will try to do this regularly and maybe a post of things that I've tried that have NOT worked for me.
What are you doing that is working for YOU?
Kewpie
4 days ago


1 comment:
Breathing, that seems to be working these days.
Post a Comment