I absolutely LOVE a fresh start!
Mondays.
The start of a new school year.
Birthdays.
And especially a new year!
This year I have chosen my One Little Word to work with my Happiness Project.
My word is CULTIVATE and I am breaking it down into twelve months with 3-6 things to work on per month. My overarching theme for the whole year is CULTIVATE: VIRTUE.
It sounds a little big, but it FEELS RIGHT TO ME.
I LOVE THAT!!!
In past years I have set goals and resolutions for myself only to have them change when I pray about them.
This year I've done it a little differently.
I've studied, pondered and prayed.
And it was given to me.
I am excited to begin....which is not completely accurate since I've already adopted some of the habits that I will be working on and holding myself accountable for in this coming year.
I am still working on fleshing out the Happiness Project part.
I will work on that this week.
In between laundry, taking down the tree and trying to find our "normal".
**********************
I LOVE the holiday season.
November and December are full of love, memory making and memory sharing, kindness, gentleness, family and friends.
But to combat my Seasonal Affective Disorder I have trained myself to always have something to look forward to.
Hence my love for fresh starts!
So here's to the New Year!
Happy Fresh Start to YOU!!!
Kewpie
4 days ago



8 comments:
What a great plan!! I can't wait to follow along and watch you hit a home run. You are such a blessing to me. You are inspiring to me on so many levels. I love you and am so grateful to have found you!
Awesome! I'm working on my OLW blog post right now!
Can't wait to see where 2013 takes us all!
I think something to look forward to would be a you and I girls weekend get away at a disney race! Thanks for your support in my past and present! :)
Hi Heather,
LOVE LOVE THIS POST!! I love the new year too, starting over with fresh new ideas. Sometimes a little too many ideas, lol.
My kids went back yesterday so I rushed thru my day getting things done and still have a list that didn't get done.
Looking forward to seeing how you work thru your word and the happiness project, SO COOL THIS IS!
I put the book on reserve at library and hope it comes soon. I also have magazine articles of hers to go thru and work out.
Thanks so much for your support on my PL post, you should give it another try. What didn't work before? Mine has changed thru the years, whatever way works to keep me happy. KEEP IT SIMPLE AND FOR YOU! It is fun and rewarding to look back over the whole year and see the memories.
Happy New Year to you, can't wait to see what you do this year!!
Hi Heather,
Just wanted to let you know something i just found out. Not sure if your a scrapper, sorry. There is a class called LOAD, it stand for layout a day for that month. I've never done it before but heard of it. Next months theme is HAPPY and they are doing it based on Happiness Project, so excited about that. I jumped in and signed up, each day is a video and layout sample from it. It's going to be a month filled with happiness in your scrapping and life/home it says.
Just thought I'd let you know, sorry not sure what the link is but if you type in LOAD and her name is Elaine?? Sorry again, just rushing to do this before I have to go. Let me know what you think.
Let's make 2014 happen! We should connect via facebook or texts. I think we would have fun! Meet you at the airport!! :)
Maggie, I was just thinking on the way home from church today that I need to connect with you on facebook! After several months off to heal I will be back to classes 6 days a week starting tomorrow. I will add the running back in slowly.
let your laundry make you happy. ;)
i honestly like doing laundry - i love the folding and hanging the clean laundry and stacking it for my kiddos to put away . . .
for real, though, i like your word. and i like the idea of a word for the year . . . i could still think of one - it's january yet - i'll have to think and pray about it. thanks for the idea!
bitsofsunshine.typepad.com
Post a Comment