The girls and I delivered 4 bags of fresh chocolate chip cookies to random recipients in our town. We offered the first bag to a woman with dreads and a nose ring. She was walking her dog. We were driving by and asked if she eats chocolate chip cookies. She was very hesitant, but she skeptically accepted. The second bag we offered first to a man doing yard work and the other to a man standing in line at the redbox. Both declined. The next two bags Kamiryn offered to the women in line at the redbox and both accepted. The first lady was younger (20's) and wanted to know if she had to pay for the cookies. Kamiryn told her "no....it is just an act of kindness". I wish I had taken a picture of the smile on the lady's face! The fourth we offered to a man working at Stop and Go and ......yep...he said no thanks. So then we headed to the gas station across the street where there was a woman working. She accepted the cookies (from Madi this time) and Madi said that she was SO EXCITED and thankful. She told Madison, "I appreciate this SO MUCH!
So anyway....DAY ONE was a huge success and a LOT of fun!
I didn't do a great job of explaining to the girls exactly what we were doing before we set off. Guess I forgot that not EVERYONE reads my blog! (HAHAHA!!!) So when KZ figured out that we were doing this for LORI READER she could hardly contain her excitement! She wanted to come home and bake up a whole new batch of cookies and head back out!
I am sure that I will have a helper by my side for the next week and a half.....which I know will put smiles on lots of faces. Including the birthday girl!!!
Kewpie
3 days ago


1 comment:
Biggest smile ever...and a few tears of gratitude. I love that you are including the girls. It makes it that much more meaningful! It makes my heart squeeze to picture my KZ girl so excited to do this. Thank you my friend, my sister. <3
Post a Comment