Last Wednesday I handed out colorful polka dot balloons at the grocery store. The very first little boy (about 4 or 5) chose the only pink balloon. I was a bit surprised but as soon as it was in his little hand he turned and handed it to his mama with a huge smile on his face. "For you mama!" and then he quickly turned back to me and said "Thank you SO MUCH!"!!!
On Thursday I wrote notes to the Thursday Bowlers and found ways to inconpsicuously slip them into their hands. I loved watching the smiles!
Friday, Saturday and Sunday were a little crazy so I played catch up this week. This week we have given out Extra gum with a note to have an Extra Great Day, seed packets with a RAK card stapled to it and yesterday (Tuesday) we returned all the garbage cans on our block after they'd been emptied.
My kindness spreading helpers!!!
Today's RAK has been my favorite so far. It is actually yesterday's story but today's RAK. I went into The City Bakery here in town with bags of quarters.....3 quarters in each bag. Just enough to buy a delicious cake pop....one of our favorite treats. I explained that I was doing Random Acts of Kindness and asked if I could tape the bags to the front of the cake pop display case. The owner/manager was intrigued and delighted. He wanted to know the whole story so I told him all about Miss Lori Reader and her birthday wish.
He thought this was awesome. He asked if he could hold the bags until today and put them up first thing. He promised to take a picture and put it on Facebook. True to his word this is what we saw today! So very cool. And there's more!!!
So after I handed the bags of $ over, I still wanted to buy MYSELF a cake pop! (I had to....right!?!) So the bakery guy (I really need to learn his name!) says that for his Random Act of Kindess he is buying ME a cakepop and wouldn't let me pay for it! Then a handsome older gentleman walks up and says to me......."What's that? It looks good!". So I bought HIM a cake pop. Well he wanted to know what was up so I explained it all to him. He asked who he could buy a cake pop for and not seeing anyone in need at the moment asked what else he could do as a RAK. I gave him some ideas and he said he'd do a RAK for Lori's 40th! A total stranger!!!
When I walked by his table as I was leaving he had told his wife and the other couple sitting there about our conversation. They all expressed their desire to get in on the fun! All four of them said to tell Lori HAPPY BIRTHDAY and that they would EACH do a RAK in her honor today!!!!
Isn't this just AMAZING how the love and kindness spreads!?!? This has been such a fun experience. Pretty sure I know what I want for my 40th birthday. It isn't until October.
Are you in????
Are you in????



5 comments:
I Love you! I love the good you have always spread. Happy Happy Birthday Lori! And yes...it is awesome how goodness spreads!!! :)
This brought me to tears...again. You are such a good friend. This has been the most amazing (and memorable) birthday EVER! I will never forget my 40th birthday because of the generosity of my friends....and total strangers. THANK YOU!!!
oh how this blesses me! I wish I was at the bakery when people found the bags! How cool! You have inspired me to start doing this !
I'm so in!
Count me in!
Post a Comment