Monday, March 19, 2012

My Favorite Day is Monday

I have attempted this post for the past two Mondays in a row. Last weeks draft was titled Fresh Start Monday....but I was SOOO busy that I didn't get the blog post done!
I'm not sure exactly when the shift occurred but somewhere along the way I have grown very fond of Mondays. Maybe it is because I work Thursday, Friday and Saturday of most weeks so I don't look forward to those days in the same way that I used to.
I love Sundays. Church. Encouragement. Being spiritually fed and nurtured. Spending the day with my family. Enjoying nature and the fabulous scenery on the drive to church and back. (We see bald eagles almost every single week!) I often get to take a nap on Sundays and then we eat supper together, sometimes with company. Sunday is a very good day.
And then comes Monday. I am up at 5:30am for exercise class which is always a good start to my day, but it is an especially good start to my week. I am usually well rested, energized and ready for a fresh start!
Several Mondays ago the girls and I rearranged the living room and dining room. We even moved the piano all on our own. We redecorated, moved plants, furniture and cleaned everything up. We edited and altered until it was just the way we wanted it.
Last Monday we hung up pictures after having frames take up most of our living room floor all week. It felt really good to have that project complete! (The hanging the frames part anyway. Still need to order photos for the frames.)
Today we have cleaned out the play house out back to get it ready to sell. Our garbage can is overflowing. It is a good thing that tomorrow is trash day. While the girls headed inside for lunch and schoolwork I got a head start on tomorrow's project....CLEANING OUT THE GARAGE. I've already enlisted help to take several loads to the dump. (Thanks to Salena and her BNSRT!)
I feel like I get so much more accomplished on Mondays than any other day of the week......and I like that about myself.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love that you love Monday's. You have been a very busy girl. I love all the pictures you have posted about the changes you've made. Makes me feel like I am right there in the room with you....OH WAIT!! I can't picture me sitting there with you because I haven't even seen your couch, let alone the other changes. Pleasepleaseplease....for the love of pink frilly dresses....post me some pictures!! Thank you. I love you.