Saturday, May 21, 2011

Run Madi Run!

So there was kind of a mix-up about the finish line of our 5k yesterday. I was going for a PR which would have been anything faster than 33:09 (yes....I know I am SLOW) but I thought I had a bit before the finish so I hadn't done a final push yet and before I knew it it was OVER! My time was about 5 minutes faster than when I first ran the Fargo 5k two years ago (my first ever race!), but not as fast as I hoped. I did feel really good and strong the entire race and felt like I could have given more.....a good and a not so good thing. Madi knocked it out of the park which is totally awesome.....this was her first 5k and she was so stinkin nervous at the start of the race that I thought she was going to throw up! Derek said that he could hardly keep up with her. She was pretty darn happy when it was all over. Dani's goal was just to finish the race without stopping to walk. She accomplished her goal! We are hoping to get the other two girls signed up next year, even if they end up walking it. It really is a great thing to do all together....and a great way to show off our {mostly} girl power!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! That is amazing! Good for the H family!!!!

the mom~ said...

Oh my...I might have to be moral support for Miranda and Kamiryn and do it with them ;)

Great job Madi...girls got some guns too!!! :)

Great job to all of you! Keep on runnin'!

Christine said...

That is awesome! I ran half of my run walk today for the first time and thought of you the whole way sis ;) Love you, MIss you...and WAY TO GO MADI!!!

Lori said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! That is so great!! You all did such a good job. I love that you (almost) all run together!! WOOHOO!!