Monday, May 23, 2011

Whink....not wink









I love vintage linens....they are a favorite of mine. This weekend I scored these four beauties at a yard sale for $3.20. They do not have any holes, rips or tears, but they did have a few rust spots. I noticed the rust before I bought these lovelies and I knew that I had just what it would take to make them spot free in no time. This is a tip passed down from my Grandma Raynor.....she bought me my first brown bottle of Whink about 15 years ago. A little goes a long way so this is probably only my third bottle or so. It can be used on just about any surface....sinks, tubs, pots....and vintage linens. Just pour a little right onto the stain, rub vigorously with your fingertip or a toothbrush and rinse immediately under cool water. Repeat as necessary until it is gone. Works like a charm. Oh, and don't get this stuff into your popped blister on your left index finger...it will hurt like he!! forget to wash your hands when you are done. Now that they are clean and rust free they are ready to be made into pillows. Except for the cute owl cloth....he is off to a bestie! Any bets on when that project will get done?


3 comments:

Lori said...

Hhhhmmmm....:) I do love the vintage linens. I am going to have to get me some Whink. Looks like magic in a bottle.

the mom~ said...

I've NEVER heard of Whink...

Heather said...

Lori, it is pretty amazing! Salena....you have now! ;)