Sunday, May 10, 2009

happy mother's day from a mom who still needs alot of work.....


Qestions answered by my darling and angelic daughters.....

Miranda 12, Danelle 10, Madison 8, and Kamiryn 5 3/4

1) Why did God make mothers?
Kami: So they could take care of you.
Madi: Cuz they can help us and be fun with us.
Dani: So that other kids could be born and they would have someone to take care of them.
Miranda: To bear and nurture children and to be a companion to a man.

2) How did God make mothers?
Kami: He made them so they can be born and they grew up into mothers.

Madi: He made them with His power and he made 'em.

Dani: I'm not exactly sure how, I just know that he made them.

Miranda: Do I have to answer that? It's kinda weird....he knocked Adam out, took a rib and made Eve. And then when they left the garden they knew how to ummmm........make Eve be a mother.

3) What ingredients are mothers made of?

Kami: That's a hard question mom....too hard.

Madi: Cooking, cleaning, and teaching....and that's pretty much it.

Dani: Sweetness, tough stuff, stuff that makes them strict but nice, forgiveness, and hard working.

Miranda: Toenails and bones? Oh, love, patience (most of the time...this one kinds of comes and goes), ummm sympathy, and perseverance. And that's it.

4) Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?

Kami: Because ummm....the dad and the mom got married because they liked each other and they had kids.

Madi: Because it all has to do with my mom marrying my dad.

Dani: Because we are a perfect pair.

Miranda: Because He knew that you would need me. [Ain't that the truth?]

5) What kind of a little girl was your mom?

Kami: A girl who was sweet, loving and nice. And who showed her underwear. [Apparently Grandmom has a picture of me when I was 5 with new panties.]

Madi: A getting in trouble one.

Dani: One that could get through hard times.

Miranda: A cute one, who liked to show off your underpants.

6) What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?

Kami: To see if he was kind, good, nice, not a bad guy.

Madi:What church he followed, was he a member of the church, what religion he followed and that's pretty much it. Well there is ALOT of other stuff but we can't type it all on here.

Dani: If he was nice and tall, loving, tall, hardworking, tall, depended on his mom and tall.
Miranda: Alot of things. The general basics....what he was like. If he was a member of the church.

7) Why did your mom marry your dad?

Kami: I don't know, mom.

Madi: Because she loved him.

Dani:Because she loved him....and he is tall.

Miranda: Because you loved him.

8) Who's the boss at your house?

Kami: My mom. My mom and my dad.

Madi: Dad and Mom or Mom and Dad.

Dani: It's seems like Kamiryn, but I think it's Dad.

Miranda: Dad. Only he says you're the boss. So I guess you kinda split the job depending on who's available. He's the boss when I get in trouble, but you're the boss when I am doing school.

9) What's the difference between moms and dads?

Kami: That they're different. One is a boy and one is a girl. They can't both be the same. There has to be a boy and a girl.

Madi: One of them is a boy and one of them is a girl. Plus one of them teaches and one of them works.

Dani: Dad's are away most of the time working, while mom is home teaching, cleaning, reading, playing, cleaning, helping.

Miranda: Gender, responsibility, level of patience, sympathy. Like if I get hurt you'll make sure I'm okay and kiss it and make sure it's okay and Dad just asks....will you live? And most of the time I will live and he says OK.

10) What does your mom do in her spare time?

Kami: Eat grapefruit, read, rest, be alone.

Madi: Teach and go out with friends.

Dani: She scrapbooks, reads, cleans.

Miranda: Blog and facebook, read, knit, scrapbook and clean.

11) What would it take to make your mom perfect?

Kami: Play with her, hug and kiss her and that's all.

Madi: Lots of practice. Practice homeschooling us.

Dani: No yelling, no swearing or saying bad words, giving us back our stuff if she finds is laying around and playing games with us more often, not making us do math if we don't get it, no spanking, no time outs, no arguing, not making us cry. [apparently I am full of flaws!]
Miranda: Alot of work.

12) If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?

Kami: Ummm...making her not be frustrated. And listen to her.

Madi: No school. Well maybe once in a while.

Dani: I would change how short she is so that she could pick me up and Miranda wouldn't be taller.

Miranda: That she doesn't get so mad when I don't hear her or when my room is messy and I say I'll clean it and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Oh and she would stop threatening to put me in public school.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Mothers Day to you! You are the best Mom I know....other than mine, of course. I am so glad Heavenly Father decided it was time the 2 of us met. My life will forever be better because you're in it.

the mom~ said...

Those were great! Happy Mothers Day!

Nae said...

I so loved reading this, Heather! I laughed out loud several times. Hope you have a fabulous mother's day!