So we are about half way through our trip and I am going to say that we are having a great time.
Before we left Kamiryn had a question for Derek. She asked "Are we going to swim in a pool or a lake while we are in California?" Derek replied "the ocean." Kamiryn wondered with big eyes...."with the SHARKS????" Now this is so hilarious to me because I grew up thinking that the kids that asked those questions were just so weird! Like my cousins visiting from Michigan or new kids in school from out of state. California kids call it the beach. Not the ocean. And for the most part we didn't give sharks a second thought unless we were studying them at the aquarium. I never thought I'd have Minnesota kids. When a Minnesota kid goes to the beach (lake) they have to contend more with leeches, chiggers and other critters. And she is worried about sharks! I'm sure that she is loving the ocean but I am equally sure that she'll have a great time this summer at the lake and won't think twice about the salty, shark infested waters of California.
See you soon!
Kewpie
3 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment