Monday, July 14, 2014

Great Satisfaction in the Little Things

Often my life is filled with big to-dos. Budgeting, bill paying, laundry, grocery shopping, running errands, going to work, cleaning the house, making meals, raising children. That sort of thing. Every once in a while I have small pockets of time until "the next thing". Sometimes I fill that time with Pinterest perusing or blog browsing. And then...sometimes I try to find as many tiny jobs as I can to fill the allotted time.
Like just now.
In about five minutes I wound the clock, called my hairdresser and left a message, texted Miranda an earlier asked for reminder,  filled the ice tray and requested a library book. Not major accomplishments but enough done in a few after supper moments that I can relax the rest of the evening and not feel like I should be doing something else.
And now....I am done.
West Side Story and my family are waiting.
*Oh...and a happiest of BIRTHDAY wishes to my eternal sweetheart. Really and truly, there isn't anyone else I'd rather spend FOREVER with than YOU!*

No comments: