Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Light & Other Stuff

*The light changes this time of year. It filters through the trees casting a warm glow. I look to my right out the front window and I see the light brightening the tree tops at the end of the block across the street. I look to the left, in the backyard and I see the light making a bright path to the back of my neighbors house. I have both doors open even though it makes it just a tad too chilly in the house. Complaints of "it's cold in here, can't we shut the doors?" are met with a resounding "no" and a demand for socks and hoodies to adorn the bodies of the cold. I need the scents and sounds of fall to filter inside and lift my spirits. I know what's coming and it will be here all too soon. I need to soak up this season. This time. Right now.

*Today I went to the Goodwill. I bought a (never before lit) candle in a lidded tin for just 99 cents. Less than a dollar. I came home and googled it and it turns out that I totally scored! It sell for more than $10 at Target. The one I got is called Island Moonlight and has the same blues/greens as my bathroom in a great bathroom scent. (I hate any kind of food/spice smell in the bathroom...must be a clean, fresh smell in there.....know what I mean?) Danelle had just thrown out our bathroom candle on Sunday, so it was candle kismet.
Or something like that.

*We have had all of our Halloween decorations up for nearly 2 weeks, but nearly every day I do some tweaking. (Not to be confused with twerking.) Today I am working on some Halloween banners/bunting. I also need to put up my pumpkin lights and on my wish list are a fall themed table runner and a pumpkin wax warmer. Then I will be all set. Maybe. Oh and before breakfast this morning we had tried on costume possibilities and further solidified our costume choices. Not quite done with that. Again with the tweaking.

*I am itching to get out to the state parks for leaf watch 2013. The drive to church was BEAUTIFUL on Sunday. Lots of reds and yellows. I think our date this week will be a hike at Glendalough and lunch in Clitherall at Justice Two. We love the history of Old Clitherall and the ties that it has to the Church.

*I have a sick girl. Madison came home from swim with a fever and chills. She is sitting at the table in her pajamas. Eating toast with honey and reading a fanfiction on my iPad.

*Derek and Miranda had a fabulous time at the Imagine Dragons concert last night. She slept in until 11 today (they rolled in about 3am) and then went straight from school to swim to work to robotics. I hope she sleeps well tonight.

*Danelle found out yesterday that she is in the Dance and Dessert cast. It is a corps of about 17 dancers (over 30 auditioned) that will perform on December 7 and 8 and in other outreach performances throughout the year. She is excited.

*Kamiryn is waiting to craft with me. She just made me a new witch for my collection. Gotta go.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sounds like a productive day. I love your posts. I need your voice in my head refreshed every once in a while. I hear you more clearly and I need that. I miss you. Thanks for the phone call yesterday. Lifted my spirits. I luff you.