Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pinnnnnning!!!!!

By now EVERYONE knows about Pinterest, right!?!?!
But did you know that some people just LOOK at all of the pretty things and
NEVER make/bake/sew/recreate/read/wear ANYTHING that they see there?
Inconceivable!
I LOVE Pinterest.
But I have learned to be very discerning....not pinning every pretty thing that I see.
And I am learning to manage my boards better so that I can easily and
quickly reference what I've pinned.
I have tried new recipes (pumpkin shortbread, yummy granola and ranch dressing with Greek yogurt), altered t-shirts, learned new hair styling techniques for my girls, made Christmas gifts, been amused, pinned things that remind me of others, read about ways to be a better parent and spouse and one of my very favorites.... made my twinkle light ribbon garland.
I have a Pinned There, Done That board so you can take a peak at some of the
things that I have tried so far.
I love the inspiration, colors, design, ideas and goodness that are so easily accessible.
I know that many people worry about getting sucked in, but for me it is a useful tool....I no longer feel the need to rip apart every magazine that I read. I simply find the idea online and pin it to the appropriate board. It's like magic!

Do you LOVE Pinterest or do you intentionally stay away?

2 comments:

Christine said...

:) I love Pinterest! I love the freezer meals I have made. I love the shrug I made for L. I love the ideas that it promotes. But also...I love just pinning. SO I have to limit my time ;) But I LOVE PINTEREST! And I LOVE!!!! LOVE!!!! LOVE!!! Your Twinkle Garland! XOXO

Lori said...

Beautiful garland!! I do love Pinterest, you know I do. And I LOVE doing the projects and making (some) of the recipes. I have made some duds and had a few craft fails...but the ideas are endless and paper-free!!!