It really is the little things in life that make a big impact.
This morning for my daily devotional I read this conference talk from the April 2011 session of General Conference. I love this talk. I love the story of the old prospector that I shared in the last FHE that I taught.
"The patient accumulation of these little flecks has brought me great wealth.”
This story illustrates the spiritual truth that Alma taught his son Helaman:
“By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. …"
And yet it continued.
Frustration.
Yesterday as I was leaving for class....in the dark I thought to myself.....if Derek loved me he would fix this porch light.
Irrational? Yes.
Totally me? Yes.
BUT.....I didn't say A WORD to him about it. In fact I didn't even really see him all day.
And yet this morning as I left the house for some reason I walked over and flipped the switch.
AND MY PORCH LIGHT CAME ON!
Do you KNOW what that means?
IT MEANS THAT MY HUSBAND LOVES ME!
A small thing. Yet it communicated so much to me and set the tone for my whole day. I mentioned to him that I had started early morning class again. That's it. And I now have a working porch light.
A small and simple thing.
A little fleck.
And yet....it was a great thing.
A fleck to add to a lifetime of flecks that accumulate.
Is your pouch full of nuggets or flecks?


3 comments:
Small and simple really do add up!! I am so glad he loves you, crazy and all!! I love you and am prepared to help hide the body at a moments notice :)
Oh sis...how I love you!!! You are such an inspiration to me! I was thinking of you this last week. It is not a huge thing I remember when I think of us. It is a million little things! Thank you for loving me! Thank you for encouraging me. Believing in me, comforting me, supporting me... You represent an huge accumulation of flecks and wealth in my life! Thank you! And as for that husband of yours...you are so blessed. I know you know that. But I just wanted to remind you. Great husbands and fathers are few and far between...grateful you landed a wonderful one! XOXOXO
Yah for working porch lights and hubby's that fix them :)
Post a Comment