Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Crafting

I have been pinning lots of yarn wreaths on Pinterest this season. (Let me know if you need an invite!) I was so excited to do this project, I thought for sure it would be just easy peasy lemon squeezy.
I hated it. Wrapping yarn around a foam wreath a bazillion times turned out NOT to be so very much fun. I was happy with the way that my flowers turned out. The first three I made were way too big and thick so I tried a smaller circle and was much happier with these. I added a little embellishment that I had laying around the house seriously...I found the holly leaves laying on my dining room floor, glued it all together and ta-da!
I gifted this one of a kind creation because for real....I am NOT making more to my Mom for Christmas. I hope she loves and cherishes it forever.
Or at least until it starts looking really shabby. It is made of yarn and felt after all.
What have you crafted this Christmas season?

3 comments:

the mom~ said...

LOL!!! Tell me about yarn wrapping, it's not fun but sure is pretty!

Lori said...

It turned out SO great!! Yeah...the wrapping stinks. I only made two. Then I was done. I love it though!!

maggie said...

Super cute! I love it, it's pretty!