Sunday, July 10, 2011

duck, truck, luck.....I was......

Yes. This really did happen to me.
When I first sank, my family thought that I had just fallen down.
Nope. Stuck. In. The. Muck!
I lost one of my favorite flip flops.
Ethan said "Auntie.....that's why we go that way and use the bridge!"
I replied...."Thanks KID.....now you tell me!!!"
It was all rather funny.
Except the part where I lost my favorite flip flop.
Oh, and the part when it first happened and I just kept sinking.
Like quicksand.
That was pretty scary.
So if you happen by Lake Alice.
Don't
Get
Stuck
in
the
Muck.
It is YUCK!!!

7 comments:

Lori said...

You are current on your tetanus shots...right?? That looks like toxic muck. I can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

Nae said...

I my heck! I really am glad someone had the forethought to photograph this moment because I wouldn't have believed it without seeing it! Glad you were saved... I don't think you would want to where those flip-flops again anyway, right?

Christine said...

Ummm GROSS! Glad they got you out of that mess! But it is a little bit funny...no a lot funny. I will miss watching you search for your black flip flops that certain girls loved to "borrow" ;)

Wendy said...

That looks just icky!

the mom~ said...

I'd STILL be trying to retrieve that flip flop, LOL
Thank goodness for Steven rescuing you because all I could do was FREEZE!

Melissa said...

Yikes!! I would have TOTALLY freaked out!!! I am crazy claustrophobic and hate being confined/stuck/squeezed/hemmed in/etc. in ANY way!!!!
Oh--and so sorry about the flip flop.

Mandy Glass said...

Ha! I took the pictures!