Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ballerina Elle.....an update

Okay, so as for the whole Elle thing. It didn't really stick. Mostly she is just Dani. Sometimes Danelle.
Right now she is missed.
Like crazy.
Kamiryn asks daily....."when is my Dani coming home". Tonight was the first long conversation that I have had with her since she has been gone. I feel like I should have taken notes. She is having a good time. She says that the dancing is challenging. She is working hard and having fun. She has made a lot of friends. She asked today if she could bring a friend home. In typical Thompson/Groby fashion I said OF COURSE!
Today the dancers went to Sundance. They rode the ski lift up the mountain and then hiked down. She sounds very tired. She loves her roommate Payton. Payton is from Ottawa, Canada. Most of the girls that she is with are LDS.
Danelle had less than $50 of "fun money" to spend. She will be in Utah a total of 18 days. She spent $36 her second day there on a BYU sweatshirt for herself. Typical Danelle.
I asked her to come home now.
She insists that she still has so much to learn. I miss her like CRAZY!!!!
Tomorrow she will head to Temple Square where she will have a chance to attend Music and the Spoken Word in the Conference Center.
I love that she is having this AMAZING experience.
I am not sure that I will NOT let her out of my sight ever again.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Awww... I miss that girl so much!!! Glad she is having a great time. And YES that is perfectly perfect Groby/Thompson fashion...guess she can't deny being one of us ;) If you read this give her lots of my love next time you talk to her!!! :)

the mom~ said...

I'm so happy for her!!! And Yah for a fun sweatshirt!!!