
As a native California girl I am sure that I never fully appreciated Spring during my growing up years. Mostly things stayed the same...blue skies, sunshine, white fluffy clouds, blossoming flowers and green grass and trees. There were a lot of constants.....sunshine and green with the occasional rain or heat. It was all I knew and I didn't fully appreciate any slight changes I am sure.
After I left California and spent a few years living in Oregon, Spring had new meaning for me. Mostly it meant a whole lotta rain, but it meant flowers and freshness too.
Then I moved to Minnesota. Spring has a whole new meaning here in this frigid tundra of half a year of snow and frozen temperatures.
Spring is a time of rebirth.
You can see it in the fields with baby cows and alpacas and new spindly legged foals and in the blooming of the flowers and the budding of the trees. You can feel it on your skin with the warmth of the sun and the cool of the breeze. You can smell in the air the dirt, rain and newness of it all. You can hear it before dawn and all day long when the robins and sparrows celebrate the season. Mostly though I experience the rebirth of Spring in my soul. I feel alive and reborn. Like a great big stretch after a really long sleep. I can run faster, breathe deeper, laugh louder, hug more tenderly, communicate more effectively.
A bit dramatic? Maybe just a tad.
It really does feel so very good to finally have the arrival of Spring.


1 comment:
Spring feels so good!! Especially in MN...it does make it easier to breathe. I love your flair for the dramatic. It makes me feel so normal :)
Post a Comment