Today I am sick so we did not go to church. This is rare as I try to go even if I don't feel well, but feeling like you have an elephant sitting on your chest can deter a person from even their best intentions. So today we stayed home. And I stayed in bed most of the day.
I read, studied, slept, visited with a dear friend on the phone and for the last 2 hours or so before bedtime I hung out with my girls. Everyone brought a project of some sort up to my bed....Miranda sketched and doodled, Madi and Dani worked on stitchery projects and Kamiryn tried not to irritate her sisters worked on a secret project on the side of the bed. Miranda, Danelle and I took turns reading the first 6 chapters of The Penderwick's.
This book is a favorite of Miranda's and she has been trying to get me to read it for a very long time. It is a delightful book about 4 sisters and all the girls enjoyed it. I even got to keep my hands busy by starting a Valentine's project when it wasn't my turn to read. I don't like being sick, but it turned out to be a perfect sick bed Sunday. It also just so happens to tie in perfectly to a blog post written by my sister Christine so I will link you to it. :)
Do you read together as a family? What are some of your favorites?


5 comments:
We, both Steven and I read often to our boys and they LOVE it! One of the things that can calm Abram down is a stack of books and his mama :)
I wish Steven read to me every night though, that would be cool. Not a chance though I bet...maybe I should ask him!?!?
LOL...yes Salena, you should ask him. Derek and I started reading a book together this week and we are taking turns reading to each other. We did this a lot when we were first married and washed our clothes at the laundromat. We would sit and read to each other. Kind of cool. Derek reads to the girls too, but not chapter books. That is my thing. ;)
I love you sis! I love books and I love that they are one of the many things that bonded us so closely together. I linked my post to yours too. I know mom's spirit lives on...but also MOM lives on here...she lives in us. Love you! Miss you... Dang elephant...Wishing you well...Went to the temple...I hope you feel the prayers coming your way ;)
Sounds like a nearly perfect day (the only down side being the elephant)....but without it there would have been no perfection. I am glad you made the most of the day. You are so incredible.
Glad you found something restful and relaxing to do with with your family even if you have a pachyderm in your room with you.
Post a Comment