Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Selfless. Or not.

I heard this conversation in my home this morning. It warmed my heart. At first.
Then it just made me shake my head and chuckle.

Miranda- "Danelle is there anything that you need help with?"

Danelle- "What?"

M- "Well last time you helped me study for my science test it helped so much. I'd like you to help me again, but I want to be fair so I am asking if there are any school subjects [that] you need help with this time and we can help each other."

D- "Hmmm.....no I don't really need help with anything, but how about I help you and then if Madison and Kamiryn need any help with their school work today, you can help them."

See....warm fuzzy feeling right?

I came upstairs with a smile on my face and gave Danelle a big hug. I told her that what she did was selfless and that it made me happy. Then she responded......

"Well I don't like helping the little girls and now Miranda has to do it!"

5 comments:

Nae said...

Makes me think of the Paul Harvey show... "and now you know the rest of the story"... tee,hee. Great snippets of life to save and treasure.

Lori said...

So funny...it is still selfless...just with a bit of an edge to it!! You are doing something SO right!!

Melissa said...

HAAAAAAAA! I LOVE this!! As homeschool moms, we have a unique opportunity to hear all of these kinds of things.
We see the good and the not-so-good.
Either way, much of it is hilarious.
Even though we'd like to think that everything we pour into our kids "takes hold", they are their own person and have their own natural bent.
I love the stories you share, Heather.

Mandy Glass said...

Peanut Butter!!!! Humph Elle!

Christine said...

:) This cracks me up! It is like I am at home living my life... except knowing someone else has that same life makes it easier some how! :)