Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lost and Found

This is going to be the short version of a really long story.
When I was 18 I got married. First I got engaged. I recieved a ring. It was beautiful. I loved it. I wore it fathfully every day for almost 10 years. Shortly before giving birth to our third daughter Madison my blood pressure was very high and my fingers swelled up like sausages. I had my ring cut off of my finger at the jewelry store. They put it in a small manilla envelope and I tucked it away until my fingers were back to normal and I could have it fixed. But.then.I.couldn't.find.my.ring.
Somewhere along the way I lost track of my ring. It has been officially "LOST" for the better part of ten years. Just lately I have thought a lot about my ring. It had been replaced my a beautiful anniversary band, but I still missed my ring. I thought how sad it was that our girls would never see it, and it was becoming more difficult for me to recall exactly what it looked like. Sadly I did not have any pictures of it.
And then because of this I was cleaning out a box that never got properly sorted through after our various moves. I found my ring! What a tremendous blessing. So now my girls have seen my ring. It is missing a diamond and still needs to be repaired, but I am so very grateful to once again have my ring and can't wait to wear it again someday soon.





3 comments:

the mom~ said...

I have always loved your ring! I hope you are able to get it fixed quickly so you can wear it again SOON!!!

Nae said...

I have never seen it before. It is beautiful! Such a blessing and what a great reward for all your hard cleaning and sorting!

Nae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.