

In the spring my family auditioned for The King and I.
Four of them did it willingly, one not so much. All of them made it and they were mostly good sports about it. Kamiryn and Madison were royal children, Danelle was a royal child and a lady dancer in the ballet, Miranda was a royal wife and Little Topsy in the ballet and Derek was Phra Alack the interpreter. Participating in the play (musical) was time consuming, a bit hectic and at times drove me crazy....but it was exactly what my family needed this summer. All winter we daydreamed of a summer filled with camping trips and lake days. Then as summer approached it started to take a different shape. Derek would be taking 2 summer school classes back to back, I am working outside of the home for the first time in about 10 years, the girls participated in swim team with daily practices from the beginning of June through the end of July and on top of all that our van lost its will to live and has been dying a slow death all summer. We have only been able to drive it around town, with the exception of our once a week trip to Wahpeton for church (a blessing for sure!). When the girls decided to audition none of this was in my mind of course, but it is amazing to me how a loving Heavenly Father works things out for our benefit and well being. The play turned out to be such a blessing.... after all, we couldn't leave town with play practice almost every day. Yes it was time consuming, but it gave the girls somewhere to be and something to do. The whole family made new friends and a renewed connection to our wonderful community that we live in.
I am grateful that my family had this experience.
It was awesome!
(shhhh.....I am kinda happy that it's over)


4 comments:
KINDA HAPPY?!?!?! I'm shouting it from the roof tops..."I'M HAPPY IT'S OVER!!!" :)
It was a fun experience for my family as well.
What a great experience. I love the pictures. What great memories for your family. So...when you all coming to see me??
I love seeing the pictures of them in their costumes!! They look like they had a great time!!
So great to capture the learns & blessings from this experience. We thought the show was wonderful and all 4 of the girls and Derek did GREAT! Such a talented family!
Post a Comment