A doula is an assistant who provides non-medical and non-midwifery support (physical and emotional) in childbirth. Depending on training and experience she may offer prenatal support, childbirth (birth doula) and/or postpartum. A labor doula may attend a home birth or during labor at home and in transport to a hospital or a birth center. A postpartum doula provides home care for the first six weeks (or longer in cases of postpartum depression) including cooking, breastfeeding support, newborn care assistance, errands and light housekeeping.
Wish me luck and tell me if you have had any previous experience with a doula.
Kewpie
3 days ago


5 comments:
Heather - I can't wait to hear all about it. I've had lots to do with Doulas... give me a call when you get back!
Good luck with your training! You will be fabulous!!
You're gonna rock it out!! Way to follow your dream!!
I had a doula with Ivy. I LOVED it. Yay for you! You'll be GREAT!
Yah for doulas!!! Glad your class went well.
Post a Comment