Thursday, April 1, 2010

NO FOOLIN'

My Madi girl REALLY went from this







to this.....


just so she could fool her family and bff (cousin Ethan) today. She has been talking about cutting her hair and planning this April Fool's Day reveal for months! She donated almost 14 inches to locks of love. I think that proves for sure that my Madi ain't no fool!



Here's Madi with Carla actually working her way through Madi's thick braid.

You can see by Madi's expression that she was just thrilled with this!




I love the curl at the end. I will miss her beautiful curls, but I believe in letting
my girls make their own hair decisions!



Here she is with her hair tucked up in her hat. This is how she pulled off her trick.
She would tell whoever it was that she cut her hair all off. Of course they would think it was an April Fool's. Then she pulled off the hat and revealed her cute new do. It worked on The Ness', Grandpa Lloyd and her piano teacher. Even Grandpop was a good sport about it!

She received rave reviews and I am thinking it will be so much easier for her to

take care of on her own!

Did you fool anyone this April 1st?

7 comments:

the mom~ said...

She got me the best I think and Ethan too! LOVE her new do!!!

Unknown said...

Heather: this is the most creative, fun blog!! I love it!! The pictures of Madi are adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Nae said...

So fun and such a self-less thing to do. I'm not going to show or tell my girls, so make sure you have her pull the trick with Abby & Kip this afternoon!!

Kippy's trick yesterday was against Steve and she "fake" left her retainer at home when they were half way to school in the morning. Steve just told her, "Don't have time to go back, so you have to deal with it." Not quite the worked up reaction she was wanting, but he did believe that she left it.

Heather said...

Awww...thanks Pauline! So sweet. Nae, I'll have Madi wear here hat, she be delighted to try to "fool" two more people.

Melissa said...

wow!!

maggie said...

Although her curls were very pretty, I LOVE the new do! Very cute on her! One of the girls I nanny donated to locks of love a few years ago and came back with a similar hairdo. Love the bobs! Such a nice thing to do too!

Lori said...

That is so great!! Her hair is so stinking cute!!!! And so is she!!