
My seventh grade Home Ec teacher called all work that still needed to completed "mustard". You know. Instead of catch up? So hear I am filling in the blanks of the days that I missed. So on Saturday night I prayed. I prayed for friends, family, loved ones far and near.
I also prayed for snow and to find the missing key.
It snowed.
Not so much that we couldn't make it to church and the branch Christmas program, but enough that we were slipping and sliding and late. The program went beautifully. Our family sang, scriptures were read from Luke chapter 2 and favorite Christmas stories were shared. The highlight for me was Danelle singing her first solo in front of an audience (other than auditions). She sang The First Noel and did a wonderful job.
Sunday afternoon I was having withdrawals and figured if I couldn't find the key I'd have to find another solution.
And because two parties in as many nights just wasn't enough we hosted my dad Ron's birthday dinner and party at our house that evening. I made super yummy shredded pork tacos and Dani and I made a lemon cake. The girls gave a homeschool Christmas concert and we had a lovely evening with our extended family.
I also took this opportunity to solicit help with my little problem of the missing key.
Sunday afternoon I was having withdrawals and figured if I couldn't find the key I'd have to find another solution.
And because two parties in as many nights just wasn't enough we hosted my dad Ron's birthday dinner and party at our house that evening. I made super yummy shredded pork tacos and Dani and I made a lemon cake. The girls gave a homeschool Christmas concert and we had a lovely evening with our extended family.
I also took this opportunity to solicit help with my little problem of the missing key.
After interrogating me asking where I had last seen/had the key, my dad Lloyd tells me that yes he has bolt cutters and yes he'd be able to help me out.
Thanks Dad.
So technically I could have blogged last night. Except I was WAY too busy catching up with what everyone else had to say. And you know what I found out? I hadn't missed much. Other than the few blogs that I read of my real life friends, all of the others just weren't that important.
It was a lesson to me.
I really don't need to hang out on my computer nearly as much as I do. I'm really not missing much if I go a day or two at a time sans Internet.
I was also reminded of something that I already know.....Heavenly Father has a sense of humor.
After all....we got snow.


2 comments:
I love the picture of the girls and their color coordinated outfits! Most of all, thanks for sharing your personal learn as it is a good reminder to me too about what is important.
:)
It's nice to see you back!
Post a Comment