So I switched gears. I woke Derek up and we headed on over to the Humane Society. A little background here, just so you don't think I am totally compulsive as well as obsessive. We have been thinking about and talking about getting a dog for a very long time. This past spring we told the girls we could search for the right dog for our family. This was much easier said than done. Anyway on Friday night we had gotten a hot tip on a fab dog that was hanging out at the shelter. After a simple case of mistaken identity we were finally hooked up with Noah the Yorkie. We liked him right away and brought the girls back to meet him less than an hour later. Everyone loved Noah. Well except for Miranda...but does the opinion of a moody pre-teen have to even be considered? So after hanging out at the shelter for an hour we headed back home to discuss the possible adoption. The vote was unanimous. Well except for Miranda who cried and carried on like a toddler who doesn't get their way. But we're not counting her vote right now, remember? We did make some compromises to be fair. None of Miranda's Christmas money will go towards getting or caring for the dog in any way. Hmpf. So on Saturday I tried to stay busy. And not obsess about missing out on facebook or checking our bank account or whether anyone had e-mailed me back. I worked hard at being in the moment. Visiting, reading, baking, hanging out and getting ready for our branch Christmas party. I survived my first full day at home without the computer. And guess what? It was actually kind of nice.
Favorite Part Of The Day
2 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment