I love starting early on my Christmas decorating, shopping and preparations. It gives me time to relax closer to Christmas and really enjoy the traditions and events that I love. One of my favorite traditions is our annual cookie and ornament exchange. The participants have changed a bit through the years, but I am pretty sure that Renae and I have been doing the ornament exchange part together since 2002 or 2003. After Salena moved to town we added the cookie exchange and she hosts this event at her house each year. This year we had it a little too close to Christmas for my liking, but hey....it was a learn. I LOVE getting together with my girlfriends and visiting, sharing, laughing, and being silly. We needed a group shot of the 4 of us to go in Salena's ornaments that she lovingly handcrafted picked up at Kohl's. It took about a dozen shots to get this one, finally using the self timer. We were cracking ourselves up and having a great time. My life would be drastically different without these ladies in it! I shudder to even consider the possibility. Thankfully I don't have to!
The cookies this year were so yummy: gingersnaps from Lori, peanut butter blossoms from Renae, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from Salena and I made sandies (because Charlene moved away and couldn't make it!). I thought the ornaments were fun too. You can see what we all made here on Lori's blog.
So now only 2 more sleeps until Christmas. I ran a few last minute errands today and we are cleaning and scrubbing to get the house ready to host Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow. Christmas music, goodies, lights, friends, family and so much more to be thankful for.


2 comments:
The self timers was a fun experience, LOL
Thanks ladies for coming! And I worked hard on my picture to go in my ornament I lovingly hand crafted from Kohls...lol
I missed this tradition more than I thought I would! It is one of my favorite ones too!! I hope, someday, that I would be able to continue this tradition with friends as fabulous as you guys!!
Post a Comment