
Hello! I surely hope my absence over the Thanksgiving holiday did not lead you to believe that I am anything less than grateful. What I am not grateful for is computer problems...urgh! There are so many other things for me to be so incredibly thankful for, including having
a computer in the first place so this is the end of my complaining.
Anyway we had a wonderful holiday with our family here in town. This includes my mom and dad, my dad, my Great Grandpa Frank, Salena, Steven, the boys and my girls and I. Derek had to work Wednesday night and Thursday night, so he spent the day in what was hopefully a peaceful slumber (we were gone for a good part of the day). He did drop by my mom's on his way to work for a plate of turkey, some visiting and hugs for all of his girls. I am so very blessed and so very grateful for Derek's employment, for his willingness to work hard to provide for our family and for my opportunity to be a stay at home mom. I am grateful to have so much of my family here in town and to be once again closer in heart to the siblings that live far away. I am thankful for the best friends that a girl could ever hope to have. My friends love, support and encourage me in all that I am and do. I am thankful for my loving family. Derek and the girls are truly and honestly the very best fit for me. I love them so incredibly much! Marriage and motherhood aren't always easy and never perfect, but they help me to stretch and grow and develop into the person my Heavenly Father wants me to be. I am grateful for our good health. I am grateful for the blessings and freedoms we enjoy in this country and for the service men and women that work hard to preserve those freedoms. Most of all I am thankful for the atoning sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ and the opportunity to live with Him again. I am eternally grateful for the plan that our Heavenly Father provided that makes it possible for us to return to Him and to live together as an eternal family. So much to be grateful for. It sustains me through what lies ahead.
I love this time of year. The food was wonderful yesterday. We had turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole (my Grandma Raynor's recipe), fresh cranberry sauce (so much better than from the can!), yummy fresh bread, butternut squash, and green dessert (aka pistachio salad or Watergate salad....but without the marshmallows...ish!). It was all so delicious! For dessert we had pumpkin pie made by Miranda and Danelle, pumpkin chocolate chip bars made by Madison and I, and pumpkin pecan cheesecake. We were stuffed! My mom, Salena and I still managed to get up before the crack of dawn this morning to head out for our traditional foray into the black Friday madness. It was awesome!!! We made it to Wal-Mart, Target, Herberger's and then out to breakfast. Then I went out on my own for a bit more shopping and scored some great deals on stuff that was on my girls' list.
So there's the run down on my Thanksgiving day.
Tell me what was wonderful about your holiday and what you are thankful for.


3 comments:
You already know what I'm thankful for :)
I'm thankful for you, of course....
Beautiful Thanksgiving tribute, Heather! I am thankful for my Faith, my husband, our family, our friends, my health, our freedom, our home, our financial stability, our precious lives.
Post a Comment