For the last 2 weeks we have had a terrible time keeping Kamiryn's bandages on her fingers. She was careful for the first few days and that first week her bandages were changed every 2-3 days. Now we are at once a week Dr. appointments and keeping the bandages on her fingers for that long is impossible. I have already re-wrapped her fingers several times since her Tuesday appointment. Today her index finger was slipping out of the bandage and she said to me in just the sweetest little voice, "Oh look mom, my finger is getting better and wants to come out and see me!" The was the first time that she has not been distressed with the fact that the bandage is slipping off the end of her finger. She told me today that she is almost healed. I am trusting her judgement, she has always done a pretty good job at listening to her body. Today was also her first time tying since her injury. I imagine it would be a little tricky with your index and middle fingers wrapped together with a boatload of gauze around them. She just used the other 2 fingers and her thumb.
Amazing.
Last night I was nonchalantly trying to put her 2 index fingers side by side while she was distracted with something else. She looked down and said "Oh, I have already done this (and she placed her hands together palm to palm with a bright smile on her face), and I don't think it is going to be too much shorter!". I have tried hard to shield her from a lot of the "facts" from the doctor, but nothing has gotten by this kid. I will never get over how absolutely amazing she has been through all of this.
I thank you all for continuing to keep our sweet girl in your prayers. I know that it helps. I will be fasting for her again tomorrow if any of you would like to join me. I'll continue to keep you updated and I'll post pictures of Kamiryn's birthday week too.
Did I say birthday week? Oh yes......just like her Auntie. Every single day this week she has said...."it is my birthday today." I guess it only works if you own it and own it she does. Tomorrow is the last day of celebrating her birthday for this year. I guess then she'll officially be six in her eyes.
What a girl.
Favorite Part Of The Day
2 days ago


2 comments:
Yah for birthday weeks and sweet little girls like Kami Zo! Love you princess!
We continue to pray for a full recovery for Kami. She is an amazing girl. She gets that from her amazing mommy, ya know!
Post a Comment