There are just so many emotions rushing through my heart and my head when I look at these pictures. I feel like I am on a roller coaster. She brings so much joy and happiness to my life and yet what she has been through these last 2 weeks has brought so much pain and sadness. And yet, look at her. These pictures show perfectly Kamiryn's attitude through this entire ordeal. She has been nothing less than fabulous. Kamiryn is six years old today. So much life experience already for such few years. She is kind, fun loving, accepting, wise, and simply wonderful. Before her accident she was our little princess and a bit diva-ish. Now she is an independent and strong willed princess with an I can do it myself attitude. One day last week when I was once again overwhelmed with not knowing the outcome of Kamiryn's fingers and worrying about it all, Derek said to me "Heather, even if her fingers are not perfect, Kamiryn WILL BE OKAY!" I know that this is true. She will be okay. No matter what. She has shown tremendous faith in our Heavenly Father, spunk, and determination. We are in the cities today for Kamiryn's birthday, visiting the American Girl store. We were supposed to stay the night last night in a hotel with a water park. She still has bandages on her fingers and cannot get them wet. She didn't even bat an eye that plans needed to be changed. When Kamiryn was a baby we called her "Go with the flow Kami Zo". All of that went away when she neared her 2nd birthday. My easy going baby and toddler turned into a pre-schooler that proceeded to give me a run for my money for about 3 and half years. Now I have seen my Go with the flow Kami Zo return. Her world where ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING is about her is expanding a little bit and it an amazing transformation to watch and be a part of. I am honored and blessed to be the mom of this special, amazing, fabulous, princess of a little girl. She is loved beyond measure and we are thankful to Heavenly Father for her every day.
Happy, happy birthday Kami Zo!
*Please continue to keep Kamiryn in your prayers as her fingers heal and leave her a birthday message here for us to read together at the end of the day.


5 comments:
Oh my, your post really tugs on my heart strings!
Happy birthday, Kami! Hope your day is as special and wonderful as you are. Can't wait to to have your show us your new American girl doll!
Happy Birthday Kamiryn!! I hope you enjoy your special day and the AG store!! Emma wishes you a happy birthday and can't wait to see you again! Love you!
Happy birthday.
Your bandages are impressive. I'm glad you had such good doctors. I'm sure your fingers will be okay.
I hope you enjoyed your fun trip to the cities.
This was the best tribute to Kamiryn that could have been. She is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! It is no wonder she is so loved. Who couldn't love that smile. What a great girl. Give her a squeeze for me!!
Happy birthday KZ!
Post a Comment