Friday, June 26, 2009

random thoughts and a cute story

*I am going to try to get another 2 years out of my mini-van. Wish me luck.
*I only missed two exercise classes this month in my M, W, F 6am class. :)
*I love summer.
*Our summer has been very busy and full of activities.
*Dani is done with gymnastics for good. She is too old to continue without getting more serious and joining the team. She had to choose between that and continuing to dance. She chose dance. :)
*I am excited to go to the Temple today. Our friend Kevin is going through for the first time in preparation for his mission next month. Yay Kevin, we are so proud of you!
*I have awesome family and friends.
*I love steel cut oats. Especially with blueberries, nuts, cinnamon and brown sugar.
*We had a great time at the Breck pool yesterday.
*Keeping track of 8 kids in 3 pools with 2 slides and a diving board is NOT easy.
*I am grateful that we didn't lose any kids at the pool yesterday.
*Kamiryn's fingers are healing very nicely. She can now shower, bathe, wash her hands, run through the sprinkler and go in the pool. Just no lake swimming quite yet.
*Kamiryn has decided that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. Excellent choice.
*Turtlebalm rocks.
*I know that we were so very blessed with the healing of Kamiryn's fingers....no infection, full movement and feeling. AND she feels good about the whole healing process. She says all the time how good her fingers look. :)
*I am currently reading the Fablehaven series for my fun summer reading. I'm on book 3 out of 4 and starting to feel like I'm ready to move on to something else.
*Except I need to read Grapes of Wrath next. Have you read it? I remember studying it in school and watching the movie, but I can't remember reading the book. It's why I can reread books. I often forget.
*Same with movies.
*I need to stop reading and start getting done some of my big projects on my summer 'to do' list.
*Lori Reader's birthday is only 2 days away! WooHoo!
*Out of all 4 of my girls I have one girl that can be both the very sweetest and the most naughty. Sometimes on the same day. Thankfully there is usually more sweet than naughty, but how can this be?
*I am doing good but not great with ironing out my wrinkles.
*I am doing great with my fab 5, just not so very great on the 4 am thing. Still a work in progess.
*I am currently sporting a black eye from 2 injuries on back to back days last week. Abram kicked me in the face last Thursday while I was trying to remove a pebble embedded in his knee after he fell out of my van onto his driveway and Kamiryn accidentally head butted me so hard I thought she had split my face open just under my right eye. Nope. Just a shiner.
*Derek grills the best burgers that are fabulous with cheddar and avocado. Yum.
*I really miss my family that is far away.
*I hope Madison's obsession with traveling leads her to become a pilot so she can fly me around for free. :)
*I love my girls so much. I need to show it more.
*I am looking forward to a great weekend.
*My girls are being farmed out to my mom and dad at the lake (the middles) and to the Lindgren's (the book ends). Thanks guys for your help! It is appreciated beyond measure!
*Happy Anniversary to Salena and Steven. 11 years tomorrow. (Is that right?) Congratulations!

Kamiryn woke up this morning and walked quickly by me without saying good morning. She came back about 3 minutes later looking a bit disgruntled. "I had a dream that I lost 4 teeth" she said. (Sounds like a nightmare to me, but then again I am not 6.) "I went to check because it seemed so real. When I looked in the mirror I could see that I didn't lose any teeth." She was pouting a little bit and I was beginning to figure this out. (yep. I'm quick.) "You wanted to lose 4 teeth?" I asked. "Yes, Emma has already lost a tooth and she is only 5!" I love the things that are important to a six year old. The whole thing just made me smile. :)


2 comments:

the mom~ said...

Good thing she didnt lose 4 teeth or she might look like...well nevermind ;)
Good random thoughts.
Yes 11 years is right :)
No I have never read The Grapes of Wrath...rofl.
Yes it was FUN at the pool and yes I am glad we didnt lose any kids and I'm glad you were more deligent to look for them tyhan I was..I knew they were ok :)
Have a wonderful day sister!

Nae said...

I love randomness! It works with my ADHD! I have Grapes of Wrath on my "to read" list too. Let's read it together so we can do a book chat about it. Right now I'm reading "March" by Geraldine Brooks... love it!