So my one year blogaversary came and went without a lot of fanfare. My quiet little blog preferred it that way. But you know me. I love a chance to celebrate. I had a party planned. With cake. And balloons. Contests, prizes and raks. I was planning. And then I had missed it. So instead I'll do what I usually do for birthdays and such. A tribute. To my blog.
*My blog is always there....2 in the afternoon or 2 in the morning. Anytime inspiration strikes (which you may say is hardly ever...ha, ha, ha.) I can "talk" about it right away.
*My blog makes my friends and family feel good. Apparently it gives everyone a big thrill to see their mug and read kind and humorous bits of blab about themselves here on my blog.
*My blog has provided a way for me to quickly and permanently record slices of our life without taking the time to scrapbook it before I forget it. I am also pretty good at writing these gems down somewhere and promptly forgetting their location.....journal? notebook? loose piece of paper? (And where is it now???). My blog never loses my recorded memories. Well almost never.
*My blog keeps my secrets safe. When I feel like a post has been a little too raw and revealing, I can just push save instead of post. Do you know how many drafts I have saved?
*My blog does not judge. Content, attitude, spelling, grammar. It is so forgiving and accommodating. Thank you blog.
*Choices....I LOVE having choices. Do I want to have written this last Tuesday at 3:19am? DONE. Or write when it is calm and quiet...like now, and post it this Friday at 3pm? This feature that I have just discovered is incredibly helpful. Now I can sit and write when I have something to say....2 or 3 posts at a time and space out there publishing dates. So very cool.
So no prizes or fanfare. Just another year gone. In the past. Behind us. But thanks to my blog....never to be forgotten. Birthdays, big events and quiet moments. Preserved for posterity. Somewhere out in cyber space. Where it is probably quiet. Just the way my blog likes it.
Favorite Part Of The Day
2 days ago


6 comments:
Congratulations Blog and Heather. You guys are such a great couple...
I am so glad you and your blog are so compatible. Mine is not quiet and understanding. It nags me on my grammar and .... all the time. I'm beginning to wonder if the honeymoon is over for us. Happy Anniversary... And, yes, I do LOVE reading your posts. ((You gotta show me the trick with the post date))
Has it been a year already?? I have enjoyed reading your blog and looking forward to many more!!
Plus you blog allows me to leave completely random comments and doesn't judge or correct my grammar either! Additionally, your blog is an absolutely adorable shade of green! It makes me happy every time I see it... green is my favorite color for grass... and granny smith apples... and makes me hope and wish for Spring. But your blog did pressure me to start my own blog! I so cave under pressure. Thanks for sharing your life moments with us, Heather!
I too love it and am glad you have one! WOOHOO! :) thank you blogger from all of us!
How funny. It's a good thing to be able to stay in contact like this. Someday I want to check into if I can print off the blog as say, "See my pretty scrapbook. Didn't I do a good job?" I'm sure there will be a way for all us crazy LDS people who want to journal things.
Post a Comment