
There are many things that I love and appreciate about Derek.
He is incredibly hard working. He loves Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He looks deliciously handsome in his church clothes. He smells good, even when he is all sweaty. He does laundry and irons his own clothes. He loves music and theater. He has a very nice singing voice. He is a great dad. He likes to travel and is a good sport about camping, fishing, hiking and even snowman building. He loves me. He supports me in all my endeavors. Like homeschooling. And scrapbooking. And photography, blogging, knitting, etc... He loves our girls. He plays, builds, and teaches. He is good at math and loves history. He can reach things way up high without a chair or step stool. He is strong. He rarely complains. About anything.
But one of my very favorite things about Derek is that he makes me laugh. Every day.
He is fun and silly and sometimes totally and completely hilarious!!!
Like a few weeks ago in church. Madi had a bit of an earache and she leaned over to tell me her ear hurt. Derek did not hear the conversation so he didn't know what I was doing when Madi leaned her head down towards my lap with her left ear facing up. Without a moments hesitation, Derek leaned over and whispered into Madi's ear loud enough for only Madi and I to hear.......I. DON'T. BARGAIN. Oh my heck! This is a line from my all time favorite movie The Fugitive. I totally believe in being reverent in church and usually give the stink eye to the perpetrator of the slightest infraction. But there I sat laughing so hard that I was shaking, turning red and tears were rolling down my cheeks. In church. He totally cracks me up.
And since laughter is one of my favorite things, I am grateful to my sweetheart
for this gift he gives to me every day.
Happy Valentines to you all....may your day be filled with two things sweeter than chocolate......LAUGHTER & LOVE!!!!


5 comments:
So sweet you gave me a toothache!
This was sweet, Heather.
You are a lucky girl...
Definitely a keeper!
Wow!! He can reach up high places??:) Yep, got to keep him for that!!:) We love you guys!!!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........
Post a Comment