Last night we were at the end of our hour long car ride in my van that does not have a working heater. It was now much warmer than the -1/0 degree mark that it had been hovering around.....now it was a whopping 7 degrees. But I still couldn't feel my toes. And Madi starts in "Do you know why I like winter?" Now all of you know that I really don't mind winter. I think the snow is beautiful, the cold is generally tolerable (when your vehicle has heat) and this early in the season snow days are still a novelty. But at that particular moment (I couldn't feel my toes!) I couldn't find a single good thing about winter. But Madison starts her list....."Winter has the Birth of Jesus, presents, hot chocolate, playing outside in the snow, no mosquitoes, no wasps for my mom to step on or buzzing things to sting me, no flies to swat......" and then the girls each added a thing or two to Madi's list.
I like that her positive attitude is contagious. I just wanted to shout, "WINTER IS STUPID!"......But I didn't. I smiled. Happy to have a Madison girl that can count her blessings in any circumstance. Even if she can't feel her toes.
Kewpie
4 days ago


6 comments:
That is SO Madison, love that girl.
I'm glad someone can find some redeeming qualities for winter. I don't like one little thing.
It is amazing how grateful children can be for the littlest things in life. I, too, don't mind the snow, but boy..the cold...total issues with me!!!
I think her mindset is a reflection of the joy that you encourage in your home.
Way to go Mom!
I love Madi's attitude and that it also got everyone else thinking of the advantages of winter!
I'm not fond of cold toes either. Sorry to hear about your heater. Happy about a positive child to help you refocus. It's hard to think about something else when the toesies are cold.
Post a Comment