Wednesday, December 31, 2008

anticipation

I love the start of a new year.

As a homeschool mom, I feel like I get the chance to start fresh twice each year. The start of a new school year is a great fresh start with chores, studies, the house, etc....

But the start of a new calendar year seems like a more personal fresh start.

So full of hope and promise. So many things I'd like to start, finish, try, learn, read, clean and organize, and accomplish this year.

I REALLY want to learn to knit. Scarves and socks. And eventually a ripple afghan.
We have a new yarn store here in town, so I am really excited about this one!
I'm thinking about going back to school. I need to figure out Photoshop. I'd like to get a passport and go visit my Aunt Tammy and family in England/Wales. I'd love to travel to visit with friends and family. I want to scale back and simplify. I'd like to live the Debt Proof Living way. I want to be consistent with my daily fabulous 5: Scripture study, prayer, exercise, healthy eating and 8 hours of sleep. I will concentrate on living more purposefully: eliminating criticism, complaint and gossip from my daily life. I will be more grateful. I don't really like the term New Year's Resolution. I like the word intentions better.
And I have already begun. I am currently cleaning and de-cluttering. Getting rid of a ton of crap. Hoping that will lighten my load for the other things that I want to accomplish. It does seem a bit insurmountable right now, but I'm going to work really hard to see it through this time.
You can help by asking to go upstairs when you stop by ;)

So what are you going to accomplish this year? What do love the most about a new year? If there is any way that we can help each other, please let me know.
Have a very safe and Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

*OH........My intention for all of you lurkers is for you to sign up for a google account so that you can start leaving comments on my blog. Then you can cheer me on in my efforts of living out my intentions for 2009. You can do it! And I would love it!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Well...no intentions yet...that way I won't fail. Good plan...right??

the mom~ said...

I love your declutter idea...you CAN do it! I like your daily fab 5too, neat idea! For 2009...I dunno...a flat tummy would be nice ;) so I guess that would mean I need to actaully do something to make that happen...
See ya soon and you better believe I'll be asking to go upstairs!

Melissa said...

I feel this way, too, Heather. A fresh start is an invigorating thought!
Decluttering is the way to go; getting rid of the "junk" in our houses, on our bodies, and in our minds!
We'll cheer each other on!

Unknown said...

Okay..Okay.. You CAUGHT ME... I am a said lurker. :) I signed up so now I can cheer you on!

Nae said...

I do have a few new goals this year... I would like to do the FF Half Marathon in June; I would like to work on reducing stress in my life (which includes improving how I react to life events & trying out YOGA); I would also like to work on improving my photography and making time for scrapbooking.

I'll do whatever I can to help you with your Intentions (great word). Count me in if you take a knitting class, K?

Heather said...

Yay Darci for de-lurking!!! You are awesome! And thanks for everyone that is going to cheer me on this year.....I will be needing ALL the help that I can get!