skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Every now and then I really miss Oregon. We lived in a town called Gresham, aobut 30 minutes from Portland. It was the perfect combination of mountains, nature, city and still within driving distance of the coast. I really miss Oregon at this time of year for lots of reasons. Like this and this and this and just so much more. I miss the festivals, restaurants, the Temple, and the larger church congregations (actual wards!).Most of our friends and family are no longer in the area. But. If I could take a handful of my family and friends, I'd go back in a second. Especially now. When it's just so darn cold here. It's cold there right now too, but I know it is shorter lived and the mountains and downtown Portland are calling to me. And I didn't even mention the sushi.
8 comments:
Forget about friends and family...head for warmth. I think that will be my new motto.
OH how I wish you would have stayed there too b/c that's where we'd be as well. Maybe some day...
You have to admit this... Christmas lights look lame-O without the snow. Am I right? :P I'm very happy that you are here in Fergus Falls freezing with me!
That looks so nice and beautiful and warm. It is one of my list of places to visit sometime in the near future.
Wow! I am amazed that you can link like that on a blog. There is a lot that I don't know how to do.
You've pointed out all the fun things, and here I sit at home not wanting to brave the weather. I'm a bit pathetic. :)
Wendy, how close are you to Peacock Lane or the Grotto? If you're close, you've got to go! For me?
With the winter weather, I read that the Grotto is closed. Or at least was. Peacock lane is about 2 hours away.
But we are headed to the coast this weekend. Crazy, we will be headed home before the freezing rain.
Oh Wendy, I almost forgot about the freezing rain. I guess I don't miss that!
Post a Comment