Derek thinks it's rude and tacky.
I embarrass Miranda and some people might say it's just plain indecent.
But it's all my Grandma Raynor's fault really. And this is the best time of year for it too.
I love to drive down the streets of town, through all the residential neighborhoods and go REEEEEAAAALLLLLYYYYY slow so that I can see in all the windows! I love to look at everyone's trees and Christmas decor. It's even better if you can actually see people sitting around the table eating dinner or playing games. My Grandma Raynor did this my whole life. The best was the day after Thanksgiving when families where gathered together. Grandma would tell Grand-dad that she wanted him to drive us around to look at the lights, but she'd always say "slow down Bob, your going to fast" and tap her fingernail on the window. "Oh look", she'd say, "what a pretty tree" or comment on the color of a wall.
Yep, I've got a lot of my Grandma in me and this is one of her traits that I don't mind inheriting.
How's that for a Christmas confession?
Kewpie
3 days ago


5 comments:
Hey...I'll try anything once...it does seem a bit nosy...but I think I like it.
LOVE IT!!
I can totally envision you doing that!
OH My Gosh! Totally, and thanks for the memories and tears, I sure do miss that woman!
I laughed out loud when I read your blog post... 'cause last night we drove around looking at Christmas lights and I kept saying to Steve "Slow down, you are going to fast..." He would tell me, "I'm only going 15 MPH!" It really felt like he was driving 35! I just couldn't see enough stuff! Although in honesty, I would HATE to be following you while you were house peeping. LOL
Oh Renae,
I don't do when there are other cars on the road! That's when you pull over and let them pass or drive around the block if you missed something good ;)
Post a Comment