Friday, September 19, 2008

WARNING*disturbing content*

When I woke up this morning I was having this totally crazy and utterly bizarre dream. It has so many different elements going on but the main themes that I can recall are that:
*My in-laws were staying in the area a bit longer before heading back to FL. My father-in-law still wore suits every day and carried a brief case (he's been retired for several years now). He came over so very stressed out (I'm sure the current state of the stock
market was involved somehow) that he offered to help me
paint my kitchen or can salsa.
And still in the same dream.....
*Wearing long flowing white gowns were Lori Reader, Lacey (Lori's niece) and Kamiryn living in a dark and ancient fortress where the king (who they were loyal to or at least sympathetic with) had just lost power and was about to be dethroned.
Lori couldn't get to the girls so she went to the king where
real monkeys were about to push her over the ledge......
And in this same dream......
*I had just returned to college and apparently liked to hang out on campus. I kept going to sit (repeatedly) on a park bench (on campus) but each time I went to sit down I PULLED DOWN MY PANTS AND SAT ON THE NASTY DISGUSTING PARK BENCH WITH MY BARE BUM!!!! In front of other people. Like it was not a big deal. Except that I started to notice that this was indeed a big deal and it is what eventually woke me up.
And I don't know if the kitchen got painted, if the salsa is now canned or if Lori and the girls made it out alive (we are talking Lori Reader here, so I am SURE all ended well on that tangent).
Okay now you can all tell me what a freak I am and that I ought to go lie down.....but there's no way I'd risk falling into that dream again!

5 comments:

Nae said...

Thanks for the great laugh this morning! I have never been brave enough to admit my wacky dreams, but since you are, perhaps you should peruse this website and get some dream interpretation and or psychiatric help. (tee,hee) http://petrix.com/dreams/

Lori said...

As I was falling off the cliff I grabbed a vine and swung back to where you and the girls were. I looped you all under my bulging biceps and swung us on the vine to the other side of the cliff to safety. *whew* We made it. You are one disturbed girl. LMAO!! I really don't love monkeys or painting or public nudity so I would say that was a nightmare for sure.

the mom~ said...

You're going to get me fired for LAUGHING OUT LOUD too loudly!!! The bare bum one got me into a fit of laughter. NASTY!!! You are too much and I do think you need to take a nap...I wanna see how dirty your bum gets!
Thanks for the laughs!

Valerie said...

ROFL that's one hell of a dream. The only time I have ones like that is when I'm pregnant.

Heather said...

Salena, I did forget to mention youi in the dream...it was funny and typical you. There was a creepy man with a camera just like mine sitting next to me on the bench. He kept trying to talk to me and you were about 5 feet behind us and you kept trying to get me to leave. And I'm sure that like Lori you were not entirely comfortable with the public nudity thing! You just kept calling my name and saying LET'S GO!!!! LOL. Go figure.
Nae, I probably do need psychiatric help. You and Charlene should probably both run this one by your husbands! And Val, I'm not pregnant....unfortunately. Now you all KNOW that I am crazy!