Friday, September 19, 2008

don't look too close.....

Kamiryn and I walked over to a yard sale by my mom's house today with lots of yummy vintage goodness. There were lots of fabulous tablecloths, apron, handkerchiefs and pillowcases. Kamiryn fell in love with a pillowcase with crocheted edges and a big blue crocheted flower. She thought that it would make a cute dress. I agreed and so we left with some fun finds. Well I was thinking that someday her pillowcase would make a cute little dress and she was thinking that NOW it would make a cute dress. This was about 4:30ish in the afternoon. So I started measuring and cutting and her little impatient highness was having none of my pattern making and fitting. So this was totally fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants. And 2 hours later it is more of a long top than a dress, but it is oh so cute on my sweet little princess girl. And she had so much faith and confidence that I could do this that I just couldn't let her down.



5 comments:

the mom~ said...

I LOVE it, very cute! Well done mom and she will NEVER forget what you did for her! :)

Lori said...

That is stinking cute!! Just like that Miss Kami. Tell Kamiryn that it is the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. Very creative...good job.

Debra said...

I looked at this post last night, so guess who was in my dream...that's right, Kamiryn! She was wearing her beautiful dress and she wanted you to make one for me!

Wendy said...

Very cute. I love that she thought of a dress when she saw the pillowcase. Wow!

You did a great job. I can tell because she is delighted.

Heather said...

Debbie, I'll try to find a pillowcase to fit you. Now I'm going to infect everyone's dreams with my crazy dream post! LOL.