
Madi and Ethan are best friends. Madison is 16 months older and they are a grade apart but they get along really well and are just the best of friends. My favorite part of their friendship is the support and encouragement that they give each other. They root for each other and there isn't much competition between them, probably because of the gender and age differences. Yesterday the kids tried out for a play here in town. They each had to get up on stage and sing a song. Madi and Ethan gave each other a pat on the back, a beaming smile and a genuine "good job" when they each came back to their seat. Today we went to Ethan's end of the year Kindergarten program. He did a great job as the big black cat in Peter Rabbit and with all of his songs. Afterwards he showed Madi his classroom and around his school. I love that she is so happy for him without feeling like she is missing anything. After his Tae Kwon Do tournament she didn't ask for lessons, she'll be happy for him if he makes the play and she doesn't and he comes to watch her dance every Spring without complaining (I think). Friendship. It's a cool thing.
"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends whom we choose." -- Tehyi Hsieh


2 comments:
Awwww....what too cool. He told me tomight if Madi makes the play and he doesn't he's going to tell her GOOD JOB MADI, you did it!!! and he wont be sad. I love our kids!
You guys are lucky to have kids who don't compete with eachother. I loved having cousins close to my age. I wish my kids had that. LUCKY!!
Post a Comment