Thursday, May 29, 2008

mustard

We had a great Memorial day weekend. Busy and great. I now have a front flower bed, a vegetable garden planted and we had the fabulous opportunity to visit with Derek's family on Saturday and Sunday. I love to hang out with Derek's family. They are such a fun, truly good bunch of people. Congratulations to Brittany on her graduation and to Linda (with Faith on her lap), retiring after 30 something years of teaching 2nd grade. One young woman just starting out and one young at heart woman finishing her career, but both with SO MUCH AHEAD OF THEM. My desire for both is that they will continue to be watched and blessed by Heavenly Father who they both love and follow faithfully.





Dance week(s) has started. Next week is the Spring Dance Show that my girls perform in with their dance studio. The week before and the week of are always crazy busy with dress, rehearsal, photos, and new schedules to follow. Add to that 4 dancers this year and 6 dance classes instead of the 3 we've had for the last several years. I want to go back to bed now. Today is our busiest day yet, with 3 girls having a dress rehearsal and Kami getting dressed up to for "sister pictures". Miranda danced yesterday. Another mom complimented her saying that she is beautiful on stage. I agree.







My front flower bed is still a work in progress, but I now have flowers!!! We ripped out the junipers the fall before last and I spent all of last summer with just dirt. Ugh!!! Last week Derek put in a brick border for me and I did the dirt and flowers. Now I love it. It makes such a difference! I still want to put in some tulips and sedum and wood chip mulch.

Okay, that's enough of ketchup for now. Later I'll tell you about the boys of summer and why Salena will be so happy. Oh, and welcome home Ness'. We missed you.

3 comments:

the mom~ said...

Awww...we are glad to be home but that was a LONG drive!!! I love your flowers too and boys, what boys?!?!?!

Christine said...

Love the flowers. I need a garden.... some day!

beshellauk said...

I love your little flower garden, mine isn't much bigger but I soooo enjoy playing in it. When I think of mom/grandmas garden I am in awe of the work she did to make her beautiful garden!!!