Thursday, March 20, 2008

The accident



My sweet Dani girl had an accident after church on Sunday while running around outside the church building (without permission), being chased by a boy. This is what she looked like later Sunday afternoon after we had cleaned up the blood 3 times. I really do think it looked worse in person. She was in pain and very sad aobut that big lip. She was very dilligent about icing her face....her eye and lips were the worst. She also loosened all 4 front permanent teeth. A trip to the dentist delivered good news. No obvious nerve damage...now we just wait for them to retighten and hope and pray for the best. I was origanally putting anitbiotic ointment on her face, but my friend Charlene (whose son was chasing Dani at the time of the fall) gane me the most amazing salve http://www.turtlebalm.com/?pg=Ointments and it has done wonders for the swelling and overall healing of Dani's face and lips. Today she finally smiled. She has been miserable and so pittiful looking these last few days, getting me to wait on her by aiming her sad eyes in my direction. I am so happy that she is smiling again. And because blogger is stupid and I cannot figure out how to post another photo after this text, I will put it in another post. Thank you Charlene for everything!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

My son would never chase a girl!:)She does look a lot better, and I am glad that ointment is working. She does look a lot better compare to the last time I saw her.

the mom~ said...

Sweet Dani...I'm glad you're feeling better, that was a nasty fall. Tell those boy(s) to leave you alone!!!