First of all, I feel like a total loser not having a single photo to go with this post.
Friday Night-
As I was at Wal-Mart trying to burn disks so that I could do a major photo purge, I received a frantic phone call from Derek. Because he couldn't hear me he kept hanging up. After some help from Salena and some code talk (beeping) I figured out that Derek was headed to the ER with our #3 daughter Madi. Seems she was a bit rambunctious during an episode of Brady Bunch and litteraly "split her head open". I guess it wasn't that bad, only 3 stitches.....but in 11 years of parenthood with 4 girls this is only our 2nd time for stitches and the first involving a head injury. And I was out of the state the first time with Dani's pinky 6 years ago. Madi was quite the trooper though c0nsidering she HATES needles. None of us mentioned what was happening, the doctor and nurse only stated that they were going to "fix her up". She figured it out though....she said she could feel the poke going in and the pull coming out. Brave, crazy girl.
Saturday-
We had a lovely sneek peak of Spring yesterday. The temp was around 40 degrees. It was wonderful after the below zero temps that we've been having for the last bajillion days. The sky was a beautiful blue and no wind. Salena and I took the kids for a walk and to play in the snow at my mom's house. The kids had so much fun playing in the yard for almost 2 hours. I even had my coat off for a while. Wonderful! I can't wait for the real thing......Hurry spring!
Sunday-
Being the youngest, I think that KZ gets shortchanged on some of the special things that we did with the older kids. Don't get me wrong, she is our spoiled rotten princess girl. When it comes to bedtime though, I am way too tired to put in all the effort that I did when the other girls were little. We don't do story time every night like we used to, criss-cross and back rubs are just an occasional treat and laying down with her is almost out of the question. But a few nights ago when she was having a particularly hard time, I laid next to her and sang lullaby's like when she was little. She has asked for that ever since. Tonight I let her pick 3 and she chose Skittamarinka dinka dink, Hush be still and Frara Jacqua. I threw in an extra and she looked so sweet and peaceful pretending to already be asleep. I think it just might be a bedtime ritual worth rekindling.
And that's my weekend review that would be much better with photos, I know! I'll remedy that by next weekend, I promise.
Have a good week.
Kewpie
3 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment