Friday, April 7, 2017

reflection



This girl will graduate in less than a month. Yesterday we worked on getting her housing figured out for BYU in the fall. She is leaving me and going far away in September, but it isn't Panama and she can Snapchat me pictures of her face every. single. day.
So I am good with this.
This morning I am working on her dance photos and I watched her leave the house for her first class dressed like a really cute hobo. She was good with that assessment of her appearance and I thought "my, how times have changed".
 
Then I thought about all the change that just this year has brought for my girl.
 
In this, her senior/sophomore year my girl has experienced:
love, heartbreak, loss, a schedule so busy that she literally could not keep up, time management struggles, illness, pain, rest, recovery, 3 major productions in which she had a lead role, 2 semesters of a 17 or more credit load, rejection, acceptance, new romance, fizzled romance, betrayal, disappointment, heartache, loyalty, friendship, jealous girls, mean girls, self assessment, leadership, knowing when to step back and follow someone else's lead, the limelight, the spotlight and the light of Christ that shines bright when she
knows that she has done the right thing.
This year has seriously brought SO much personal growth.
She is truly amazing and ready to head out and conquer the world.
I am ready to let her go.
Sort of.
As long as she knows that she will always need her momma
(in one way or another)
and that she will always be my little girl.
 

1 comment:

Lori said...

Love it!! And you!! And her! Just so much love for this <3