Saturday, July 6, 2013

A long, long time ago in a land far, far away......

Twenty-two years ago to be exact.
In the state of California.
My 18 year old self married 19 year old Derek.
We often ask what the heck we were thinking.
(???)
And we do NOT recommend getting married that young.
It is too young.
But we have been blessed.
We've made it!!!
Not just lasted this long, but have created this beautiful and amazing family and life together. We are so very fortunate and truly blessed. I cannot wait for the next 22 years and then for all of eternity. I love this man more than words can express. I know that it is Heavenly Father's plan for us to be together....and that has kept me fighting to preserve and work on our marriage when the going got tough. And it did. And does. Because that is life.
I wouldn't trade it (or him) for anything else in the world.
 
*************************************
Here is the facebook post that my sweetheart left me this morning.
 
 
It has been an amazing journey filled with many blessings. It hasn't always been easy or painless, but I think we continue to grow together. I thank Heavenly Father for you and our kids. They are amazing, thanks to their amazing mother. Your influence is easily seen in their intelligence and wisdom. Thank you for 22 years, and I look forward to an eternity with you. I love you, and when I count my blessings, I count you twice!
~Derek

3 comments:

Christine said...

XOXO... thanks for your example (both of you) of how important it is to keep dating, and working on marriage. There were days I wanted to throw the towel in. I am thankful for your example sis. I love you all! Happy 22 year anniversary.

the mom~ said...

happy 22nd anniversary!

maggie said...

Happy anniversary!

Tag you are it! You are tagged in my post of the ABC's of me, check it out!