Saturday, April 6, 2013

Come Let Us Gather 'Round.....

 
This weekend millions of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints gather all around the world to listen to the words of a prophet and apostles of the Lord. 
Conference is held twice a year, always the first weekends of April and October.
It is a big deal in our family with excitement rivaling Christmas.
We have special meals, candy for Conference Bingo and we gather together as a family to watch all 4 two hour sessions over the course of two days.
My girls have grown up with this so they now sit quietly and mostly attentively through all eight hours.
It is a time of tradition, renewal and encouragement as we listen to the inspired speakers share with us the messages of our loving Heavenly Father.
I love conference time and I really love that my girls love it too!!!!

5 comments:

the mom~ said...

I thought about you this morning and how far the girls have come during this time of year. They don't need to be constantly entertained or have a gaggle of activites planned, they are now old enough to benefit from these talks. How cool! Enjoy GC weekend~ Oh and it couldn't be a better weekend in MN for this...grey, cold and yuk. PERFECT for being indoors!

Lori said...

I love the refueling of Conference. I need it desperately this April. What a blessing it is to have it in our lives!

maggie said...

Random question, but is that an ikea cabinet? With a pull out desk inside? If it is, I have it too! Also, I love that framed word picture! Glad you enjoyed your conference!

Heather said...

@ Salena...yes, they've come a long way. I love that they are now really listening and retaining. And yes, it was a PERFECT weekend for staying indoors and being spiritually fed! @Lori....a HUGE blessing! My favorite time of year!!
@Maggie..YES! It IS an Ikea cabinet from 10 years ago or so. I love it! Thanks for you kind words! And hey....are you on Pinterest?

maggie said...

I have the same desk! Circa 2003. I used to use it for scrapbooking, but now I go digital! I am not on Pintrest. I hate to start b/c I know I will spend all my time on it! I am told I should join though.

Also, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award, check out my post!http://maggie-justme.blogspot.com/2013/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

Thanks for all your support on my blog!